Tuesday, November 30, 2010

STEVIE LABASIA, FROM THE HOUSE OF LABASIA

We have movie night once a month. A group of guys that send around five-hundred emails back and forth to deciding on a great movie to watch. Then finally each month it’s something exciting. I personally have extremely obscure taste in movies, a black in white gay Asian robot love story/ ninja flick would be my style, not so much for others or anyone for that matter. So I usually just leave it up to the five-hundred emails and see what happens. November, we really lucked out.

Paris is Burning. If you have not seen this movie then I implore you to do so as it is a primer for gay life just as Mommy Dearest or Trick. Sadly is never makes the “Top Ten” lists but it is just as vitally important, because it teaches you your roots. Our roots, in the way of Harvey Milk or The Celluloid Closet



Find it. Netflix it or rent it.










O P U L E N C E
You own everything!

Scream this next time you’re walking through the mall. It’s fun.

1 comment:

  1. This film taught me everything I needed to know about the Ball scene, when I was a wee child in Tennessee. Then, when I lived in NYC, I was lucky to hang out with Willie Ninja and see a real ball in action.

    ReplyDelete

Do not forget to add nicetoseestevieb.blogspot.com to your favorites tab.